viernes, 7 de septiembre de 2012

Last year on my 59th birthday I started my first sketchbook (see page one above) with the idea of completing it 12 months later. My intended approach was to draw whatever I saw just as I saw it. For this sketch, which I drew from a canopied bed by the beach in Playa del Carmen, I used a common ballpoint pen for both the features in the landscape and the notes that describe them (in case I did not recognize my own doodles). I later added watercolors by memory thinking: how difficult would it be to make the yellow of sand or the slightly different blues of sky and sea? I found that the question was not trivial after all, and thus my early masterpiece got rather flat and boring colors. It was a good start though. To see more of these please click on this link: a well traveled sketchbook

1 comentario:

  1. This one will always be special to me too! so many fun memories there! and such a "you" drawing, even taking into account how your style and process and "doodles" have developed over the last year! It makes me smile!

    ResponderEliminar